Gerontologist Coins New Term, “ZOOMER”
Did you know that there is a new term for baby boomers?
According to Gerontologist Dr. David J. Demko they are called zoomers. These are a totally new kind of boomer, they are boomers who break retirement tradition.
Demko says these new boomers are coloring outside the lines, zig-zaging and zoooooming toward a bright new horizon chock-full of possibilities for reinventing retirement and redefining what it means to be a mature adult in the new millennium.
Are you a BOOMER?
You are if your birthday falls between 1946 and 1964. That birth period defines you as one America’s the Post-World-War-II Baby Boomers. However, birth dates alone don’t tell you much about how a person thinks or acts. Not all Boomers think and act the same.
Some Boomers are breaking new ground, re-defining aging and re-inventing retirement. That’s why Demko coined the term ZOOMER to identify this trend-setting group of Boomers.
It is anticipated that there will be one million boomers that will live to 100 years of age. The question is, will you be one of them?
There are some things you can do to ensure that you will be someone who will be living a long, satisfying life of a zoomer.
- You will know difference between primary (inevitable) aging and secondary (reversible) aging.
- Daily exercise (aerobics for endurance, anaerobics for strength, and neurobics for brain power
- You will be aware of your daily nutritional and caloric needs based you age, gender, and weight
- You will be involved in a social support system of companions, close friends, and confidante
- You will have a positive self-concept, and a passion for living life to the fullest
- You will have the necessary resources to live an adventurous life thanks to sound retirement plannin Become a part of the Retirement Renaissance… a bold, new brand of maturity… advocating spirited, adventurous lifestyles